Wednesday, February 4, 2015

30 Things About Me

1.    My nickname is Chal. I have no idea why this nickname was made, but the meaning of this nickname is “elastic”. I want to believe that the nickname shows the “elasticity” or flexibility of my mental trait. (Even though most consider this physically)

2.     I really like games: Computer game, Video game, or everything that’s named game. I'm not super addicted to games, but I really enjoy them because of their story, music, artwork, setting, and so on.

3.     My rule is to only play games that I bought. I hate the ones who ask me “Why do you buy games when it is so easy to download them from internet?”

4.     Someday, I want to develop a game all by myself, with my own art, story, setting, and music. This is one of my life goal since middle school.

5. To confess, the main reason I studied before was to play games. In middle school, I realized that amount of freedom I get on playing games is directly proportional to the grade I get. Because of this, I studied really hard, and entered KMLA. Nowadays, I don't study because of the games, because now I have a goal to achieve. 

6.     I like Photoshop. I never thought I would ever do Photoshop before taking Photoshop class in KMLA. Now, I believe myself as amateur photoshoper who is capable of using the tool quiet well.

7.     With some other students in KMLA, I’m running a Facebook page called “18th wavers do Photoshop”. We basically Photoshop pictures of KMLA students to give little humor to people who visits the page. The page like exceeded 6000 several weeks ago.

8.     I lived in China for 6 years. Surprisingly, my Chinese isn't so good. The main reason is because I had to learn English rather than Chinese in order to adjust to international school. Another reason is that I was too young and lazy to see the real value of learning Chinese, and 

9.      Nowadays, my favorite books are Isaac Asimov’s Foundation series. I have just finished the whole series yesterday, and felt that no other book, even the Harry Potter series, gave me enough enjoyment and content compared to the book. I'm looking forward to the new TV series on this book, which is planed to be broadcast in 2015. 

10.   I read a lot of books, but only in Korean. I know this is a problem as international field student, but because my reading speed in English is less than 1/3 of Korean, I cannot feel the same “joy” of reading when I read books in English.

11.   A place I particularly like is “Library without any people”. Well, I like library anyway, but I like the silent mood when there is no one around. In this kind of circumstance, I can fully concentrate on my book and dig deeper inside the contents. 

12.   I have a brother who is serving in military now. He graduated from KMLA a year ago and entered military right away. He works inside the Civilian Control Zone, and I visited him one time two months ago. He flattered about meeting Randy Johnson who visited my brother’s corps.

13.   Many of music in my Phone are Movie/Game soundtracks. Many people don’t realize, but many of movie/game musics are great. I particularly like songs with "climax".

14.   I read a lot of comic books, particularly during middle school period. I stopped counting the number of comic books I read, but the number would at least exceed seven thousand (!). I now think that I should have studied little more than reading one more page of comic book.

15.   My dream as elementary school student was to become a comic book drawer. I would have still thought about becoming one if I had not come to KMLA. I recently found my old comics that I drew during elementary school, and thought maybe it was good choice to give up early. 

16.   I built my own desktop computer last semester. Because I didn’t want Sagam teacher to know about this, I built a little computer that rather looks like a speaker than a computer. To say the truth, main purpose of building desktop computer was to play games in high performance. 

17.   I almost went to special training because of April fool’s day joke. Well, the joke did not directly connect me to the situation, but a mixture of the joke and someone called “Belle Boyde” intensified the problem. Even though I got out of the situation without any harm, the incident remains as trauma to me.

18.   Only instrument I can play is Trumpet. When I was 6th grade, my school music teacher performed a fascinating music only with trumpet. Looking that, I immediately started trumpet because I thought it was “cool”. Even though it was not long until I realized that it wasn't so "cool" when I played it, I still love trumpet and often play it to release stress. 

19.   I had great interest in robots. However, because my interest changed from robot to programming as I entered KMLA, I didn’t really care about robots for long. Just recently,  my interest came back to robots, knowing that programming will act as basis for robots. 

20.   I tend to put my full attention on only one thing at a time. Before I finish up what I’m doing, I ignore even the most important things. For example, when I was building my own desktop, I spent almost two weeks of self-studying times looking for the suitable computer hardware in internet.

21.   I have a strange behavior: I tend to abhor “one person” at a time. What I mean by “one at a time” is, that when I start to hate one person, the feeling of abhorrence toward previous person completely disappears…. I don’t really think it’s a good trait.

22.   I’m kind of fat. This is mainly due to my excessive love toward chocolate that I built during childhood. Strangely, no matter what I do, my weight remains the same.

23.   I like to read novels, and I actually want to write one of my own. However, due to my bad writing skills, I almost gave up this idea. But, I still write my ideas down when I come up with something brilliant. My ideas are accumulating in my google docs for years and years.

24.   My ear is too sensitive to small sounds. Once I realize a sound, it hinders my mind until it disappears. For example, when I was watching Interstellar, I had to block one of my ears because the breathing sound of the person on right side of me was too annoying. Also, this is the reason why I should put on ear caps when I sleep.

25.   I enjoy salty, spicy taste. I know it's not good for health, but I don't really care since they are delicious.

26.   I like collecting things. Even though I know that I will not use or play them for while, I just want to have them in my hand. Some examples are game that I never played after buying, books that I never read after buying, or electronic devices that I would barely use. I believe it isn't a good habit, and want to change myself. 

27.   I hate ketchup. It messes up the original taste of food into somewhat bitter and sour taste.

28.   My favorite fruit is Mango. When I was living in China, Mango was so cheap that I was able to have them everyday. However in Korea, I can no longer enjoy such luxury.

29.   I don't get angry so easily because I tend to endure simple things, but I really burst out when I do. When I become angry, I suddenly become silent. Be careful if my face is serious and I don’t say anything.

30.   I hate rankings and competition. This is the reason why I hated Korean school system, and fled to KMLA. I couldn’t understand the meaning of dividing people by mere numbers. Also, I couldn’t bear the situation where a person is classified according to only several tests. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.